View Single Post
Old 06 April 2017, 13:49   #652
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
FWIW his question was entirely clear to me, and a perfectly sensible one at that, your reply was pedantic and obtuse as fuck.
Indeed. Now, maybe the thread's been cleaned up, but as it stands now I can't see anything that's really ban-worthy. Yes, plasmab overreacted, but it doesn't look like grond was particularly offended either so I don't see what the fuss was about. Plasmab even got and accepted the answer he was looking for so that would've been the end of it I'd have thought.

Overall I think the moderation on this site is pretty even, but without seeing any other communication that may or may not have happened out of our sight we can't be sure there weren't other considerations.

A good point was brought up about vintage communities, and I see it in lots of places but nowhere as much as the Amiga community. It seems that when a community shrinks, a higher proportion of "normal", level-headed people leave than the obsessive, over-the-top passionate types. As a result, you get a higher concentration of the over-reactive types as the overall numbers drop, resulting in more flare-ups, and in crazy situations like the Amiga community, fifteen-year-and-counting "camp" wars.

It's small wonder people are leaving, and who can blame them for taking their toys with them.

Page generated in 0.04718 seconds with 11 queries