View Single Post
Old 28 March 2017, 20:30   #11
DH
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
The thing is, people are stupid, and blindly start things without prior knowledge* or checking out the competition first. That is the human condition.
Careful, you're insulting the whole of humanity there. Saying things how you feel it should be said, is not always the wisest move. Think before you speak, or in this case, think before you write, could be far more beneficial than you think.

Quote:
Why else do we see more sysops running retro BBSes than users dialing in to said retro BBSes? Why do people start Amiga forums as though the current ones were crowded?
They want to regardless of whether it's a success or not + it's a challenge + they may have something a little out of the ordinary to deliver + they believe + it's what they want to do and they like it. To them they are giving something back to the community, and I see no harm in that whatsoever. Unless we're paying for it then really there's no argument.

Quote:
Publishing is a game of perseverance. Making the first issue is the funny bit because you can spend a year doing it. Thereafter, you have deadlines and readers to deal with.
Indeed, but isn't that part of the fun. After all, you don't learn anything if you don't try. I'd rather see someone try and fail than not try at all. Making statements to the effect that they'll fail is a sure way to knock the confidence out of someone, and unfortunately, not everyone can sustain their confidence when knocked back.

Quote:
* I've worked for many years in publishing, as well as having worked on an Amiga fanzine. If the Amiga User crew are more experienced, they really must know what they're doing. As can be discerned from their marketing blitz over here.
So your wealth of experience when you "worked" as a publisher gives you the wisdom to make negative statements towards others who are only trying to make a go of things. I guess you don't work in publishing any more, I wonder why

Now, this thread deserves to be left alone from all of the above O/T drivel, and this is final back on topic. All other drivel content will be removed.

Page generated in 0.07555 seconds with 9 queries