View Single Post
Old 19 March 2017, 00:04   #33
MagikGimp

Send a message via ICQ to MagikGimp Send a message via AIM to MagikGimp Send a message via MSN to MagikGimp Send a message via Yahoo to MagikGimp Send a message via Skype™ to MagikGimp
Floppy disk Crash but possibly a Windows problem

Hi Toni,

I'm determined to play Pool of Radiance but am encountering a crash occasionally, usually the first time I boot up WinUAE when selecting disk images to load. It doesn't always seem to happen a second time after that and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (which I'm reading my manuals from) then ALSO crashes soon after too so that's what's making me think this is a Windows problem. I thought I'd mention it anyway though as you never know.

I recently attempted to install ADFView which as you probably know is very old software now and although the files copied, the installer hanged and I wasn't able to use the Uninstaller to then remove it either. It did seem to be causing me problems such as "This PC" (Explorer) also hanging but browsing other directories gave no problems. I've since removed the contents of the C:\Windows\System32\ShellExt folder and haven't had problems after doing so, aside from those crashes I describe above.

I'm running Windows 10 (x64) and attached three log files and the modified Windowed config file I use. I'm running from Quickstart on a standard A500 with 2 floppy drives.

Many thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (54.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog (older, created in the WinUAE main directory for some reason).txt (10.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: uae Windowed.uae (27.7 KB, 22 views)

Page generated in 0.09730 seconds with 10 queries