Thread: Snakes!
View Single Post
Old 04 March 2017, 22:48   #132
MikeyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
Thanks for your feedback, Mikey.

I always try to convey what's been happening when I post about disk recoveries I have attempted, in order to help others who might wish to have a go themselves. It took me a fair while to gather the necessary equipment and learn about the filesystems, but this disk has no filesystem, so it doesn't conform to the normal rules, and the only method which works is trial and error.

You don't say whether the disks you were working on were for the Amiga or some other system, but in any case you will always be very welcome to post any questions you might have concerning those disks or any others in our forums. Any platform and filesystem is interesting when you're talking about disk recovery.

Thanks for joining up, and I hope to see you back here on EAB again soon.
Hi prowler, the disks were just PC High Density disks MSDOS format nothing as exotic as an Amiga. The partition table was corrupt on both. After some investigating I found the linux tool ddrescue was able to recover most of the data after a few goes. The owner I think was expecting me to say they are just too old and can't be used anymore but luckily I had the time to have a go and dig out a pc with a floppy drive. Have recovered SDCards plenty of times but first time trying to recover a floppy.

Page generated in 0.04304 seconds with 11 queries