View Single Post
Old 02 March 2017, 11:32   #32
OlafSch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanujan View Post
Compatibility-wise UAE can be better, but... somehow I have an impression, that games on real Amiga (or even MIST FPGA board) run smoother. I expect Vampire will beat the UAE with this regard.
not the only reason why a real hardware development like Vampire is needed... I had discussions with one of the NG game developer (AROS, MorphOS, AmigaOS) why not supporting 68k where most users and thus potential buyers are. He admitted that 68k on UAE might be fast enough but why using it in UAE if you can play the same game on windows. Hard to discuss about that but why using then something amiga-like at all? Besides from that he said he would look at Vampire if it is fast enough for future projects. Also many amiga users do not see emulation as real so there is a big market for it (obviously). Regarding Vampire... from what I know it will step by step replace existing extensions and hardware so finally all will run on the card and the amiga only be necessary as keyboard and for the interfaces. If you like it or not is a personal decision. Big box users with lots of cards inside already propably should better buy a accellerator card and not a vampire.

@Toni

your comments sound a little harsh to me. I think both real hardware (Vampire) and Emulation could benefit from each other because emulation could help to build up a bigger market in short time whereas Vampire potentially helps to create more interest than UAE alone could do.

Page generated in 0.04296 seconds with 11 queries