View Single Post
Old 28 February 2017, 22:18   #9
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pants
See demoniacs notes and check disk 3
Hmm, that was the first file I checked but probably I missed that very sequence. Time to look at it again.

Quote:
Thanks! Yes, whdload does indeed sound interesting and a good place to gather fixes/patches. I took a quick look but it seems the 'slaves' are proprietory and not open(?) Perhaps I misunderstand, but if true that seems like madness (you have to reverse patches to add patches?!)... But *shrug* - they are more than welcome to take this too
I release all of my WHDLoad patches with full sources, lots of other patchers also release sources, not all though. Sometimes it is indeed necessary to reverse patches if the original coder is not around anymore but since the slaves are mostly very small (WHDLoad offers a lot of functions so the external slaves are small) it is not too time consuming. Best would be if all sources for the patches would be available though.

Quote:
I wrote a cmp decompressor to help with analysis of the bytecode language. So I was/am familiar with the alg used (another lz variant), just have to do the inverse when I get some time. No issues doing so - it's all part of the fun for me - but more than happy for you/others to on-the-fly patch
I'm more than happy for you to code the compressor and patch it "your" way as it is, as said, an interesting challenge indeed.
I may code my on the fly patch too as I have the code completely in my mind already, I "just" need to type and test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
Well, I think a lot of patchers release the code of their slaves, but there's still a few who never did/do and that is a shame because, as you observe, beats the purpose a bit.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
For example, if I am not wrong, StingRay includes source into a lot of his (open the archives of one of his installs and you will find a "Source" directory).
I release all of my patches with full sources (in some rare cases it happened that I forgot to add the source but that was not intentional).

Last edited by StingRay; 28 February 2017 at 22:25.

Page generated in 0.04298 seconds with 10 queries