View Single Post
Old 28 February 2017, 21:58   #7
pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by demoniac View Post
Thanks for looking into this.
Happy to help, these are fun distractions (I wish they were easier to find).

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Btw, which .cmp file is it that needs to be fixed? I've decrunched all of them but couldn't find the sequence you've posted.
See demoniacs notes and check disk 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Welcome back!

WHDLoad is a tool which allows coders to write so called "slaves" which contain code to fix bugs and patches (f.e. to load data from HD instead of using a trackloader). The WHDLoad patches usually contain the cleanest cracks as they were done using the original games.
Thanks! Yes, whdload does indeed sound interesting and a good place to gather fixes/patches. I took a quick look but it seems the 'slaves' are proprietory and not open(?) Perhaps I misunderstand, but if true that seems like madness (you have to reverse patches to add patches?!)... But *shrug* - they are more than welcome to take this too

I wrote a cmp decompressor to help with analysis of the bytecode language. So I was/am familiar with the alg used (another lz variant), just have to do the inverse when I get some time. No issues doing so - it's all part of the fun for me - but more than happy for you/others to on-the-fly patch

Page generated in 0.05212 seconds with 10 queries