View Single Post
Old 28 February 2017, 19:57   #5
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pants View Post
As would I normally - but then to which (broken) crack, which languages, and for which version do I add it? English was a hand-translated french version, interpols crack was incomplete from what I can tell, the delphine compilation is different to the original etc.
As the cine file in question should be the same for all versions a small "on thy fly" patch which works for all versions shouldn't be much of a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pants
So, although it's much more work, i figure I'll change the source cine file and then everyone has it for whichever version they have chosen to run
It's definitely much more work and an interesting challenge. It is, however, not needed. Then again, what's needed on a machine that has been dead for several decades now?

Btw, which .cmp file is it that needs to be fixed? I've decrunched all of them but couldn't find the sequence you've posted.

Quote:
I've been away from amiga for close to 25 years and never dealt with amiga HDs before,
Welcome back!

Quote:
so I still have to wrap my head around 'whdload' (what it is and now to use it) - but that sounds like it would likely be the most 'complete' version to add this to.
WHDLoad is a tool which allows coders to write so called "slaves" which contain code to fix bugs and patches (f.e. to load data from HD instead of using a trackloader). The WHDLoad patches usually contain the cleanest cracks as they were done using the original games.

Page generated in 0.07905 seconds with 9 queries