View Single Post
Old 25 February 2017, 08:45   #1
robwired

Upscaling Filters

I'm curious if FS-UAE either supports upscaling filters or if there are plans to do so.

I have a 5k iMac and while FS-UAE displays correctly in full screen it doesn't seem to have implemented filters as other emulators have.

For example, in MAME and OpenEmu you can choose a number of filters including SABR, LCD3X and HQ4X. I use the last one and have zero pixelation of many games that I grew up playing. For example, Donkey Kong looks as if it was made for a 5k monitor.

I'm not sure if the correct terminology for this feature is upscaling, but it's the same process that happens when a newer 4K Television upscales a DVD so that it looks like a Blu-Ray, by filling in duplicate pixels around the original so that it doesn't look like a 520p image anymore.

Maybe someone else could explain this better?

I've looked inside of the preferences and there appear to be Video and Advanced Video settings but I don't see this.

Also, this should honestly happen by default, especially within the FS-UAE Arcade launcher as who would want to not take advantage of these filters?

Page generated in 0.07184 seconds with 11 queries