View Single Post
Old 19 January 2017, 14:57   #28
Daedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat the Cat View Post
There is one snag with your version of events. It does not address the other terms used. Namelly, "More JOY" (There were no more joysticks added. "Small Hole", which is exactly the same size of wole used to make the same connection. "Tricks" or "Trix" I'm not even going to explain. It is an American euphemism, exactly what you can find out elsewhere,
Paranoid much? Maybe the joy is a reference to the 2B board having a separate PCB for port 0 - something the revision 1 boards didn't have.

Anyway, if an engineer is given creative freedom, they will do things like that. They always have. They always will. I've done it, every engineer I know has done it. It's just a way of putting a personal touch and a bit of humour into what is otherwise quite a monotonous task. So what if they used offensive or politically incorrect? Those schematics were never intended for human consumption. I'm sure they'd be quite amused to think that someone is reading so much into what was probably a 30 second throwaway joke a quarter of a century ago.

Quote:
This Schematic then - who had one prior to CBM going bust? You say there was no cover up, well to prove that Mr Daed, you've got to show this particular document ever left Commodore before they filed for chapter 11. That one, I admit, I'm not sure about.
Burden of proof and all that. You're claiming there's a cover up, it's up to you prove your assertion. I'm taking all the documentation at face value.

Quote:
I have never said there is definite evidence that the clockport can be made better than it was. Nor have I said there is definite evidence of a conspiracy by an outside agency, the "Illuminati" as you put it. Yet all those concepts come from yourself. Can't seem to find a reference to them in this thread.
No, but you seem to be frantically looking for such a purpose and a conspiracy all the same.

Quote:
You will have to admit, it's a bit of a coincidence.
What is? Sometimes things are just coincidences, but here I can't even fathom what you think is or was going on. Not everything is part of a grand, devious plan.

Quote:
And the presence of these electrically dubious names for things would explain WHY the document was withheld from me at least. Quite possibly everybody else outside CBM until they went to their corporate grave.
Were you a CBM employee or service agent? If you were neither, why *wouldn't* they withhold them from you? I certainly wouldn't give you access to the schematics of any of the instrumentation I develop. Is there some reason you feel it was your right to get access to this proprietary internal company documentation?

Quote:
I don't even know if the thing is 100% genuine, but YOU seem pretty sure it is. Why is that?
They're obviously not original documents. They're remakes based on old fax copies of the Commodore documents, so the providence can't possibly be traced. If you weren't so busy trying to find hidden messages you'd have noticed that already. It all depends on how faithfully they were reproduced. But, since the Rev. 1 versions match the old documents pretty exactly, I have absolutely no reason to doubt the accuracy of these reproductions. I certainly trust the guys who did these reproductions far more than you.

Page generated in 0.05489 seconds with 9 queries