View Single Post
Old 13 January 2017, 09:39   #1
regnaD kciN

New to emulation and this forum...FAR from new to the Amiga!

I got my first Amiga (A1000, of course) in October of 1986, after a year of trying to find a way to afford it. Started studying programming on it, released some freeware, and finally was hired as an Amiga programmer by a local software developer. Let's just say that several games of mine from that period are currently in your file library...I already checked!

Eventually, market demands forced me to shift to writing for DOS/Windows, and I retired from programming altogether in the early 2000s. But the Amy always remained my "first love," and, like many others in the user community of that time (who experienced the quantum leap from that era's MS-DOS and Mac machines), I still tend to hold it up as the nostalgic ideal of what a personal computer should be.

Finally, I decided to take the plunge with Amiga Forever, and now have a functional A1200 on my i7 desktop. I guess a 4.7 gHz Wintel machine is finally powerful enough to emulate a 7 mHz Amy!

Anyway, I'm so glad to find this site, and see that the Amiga spirit continues to flourish, even after 30-plus years...
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.07773 seconds with 9 queries