View Single Post
Old 08 January 2017, 12:10   #1
Panthros

Amiga Development on AmigaOS 3.1...

I am looking to get into C development on my newly acquired Amiga 1200 running Workbench 3.1. I am not new to C, just new to C on the Amiga.

My understanding is the Amiga Developer's CD version 1.2 was the last version for Workbench 3.1. I know there are later versions but they support Amiga OS 3.5 and 3.9. I know it is also backward's compatible but I was really hoping for this version. I have seen 1.1 and 2.1 but I would love to get my hands on 1.2. I am a purest at heart perhaps lol! I saw the NDK for 3.9 was downloadable but there will be libraries that aren't supported in 3.1 in there. Any help?

Is Dice my best option for a C compiler on the 1200? I know there is also SAS/C. Lattice looks to be what Commodore adopted as their C compiler. I am focused on performance. I know I will have to mix some assembler in but I wanted to see how far I could go with C and the right compiler for a 1200's speed.

I will likely cross compile and use VBCC but I would love to be patient do some early learning on a 1200's compiler. I have also read horror stories on the performance of vbcc on a 68020 so I wanted to compare.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.06152 seconds with 9 queries