View Single Post
Old 07 January 2017, 13:17   #20
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat the Cat View Post
quote my full response. I said, it depends how the CF attached to the Amiga. If it is going to be attached to a PCMCIA card slot, it makes a difference, does have a boot track, and you can kiss my ass.
If you've been booting from a compact flash card in the PCMCIA slot with a standard Kickstart ROM, you're the first one to do that, and I think many of us would appreciate a step-by-step guide to do that.
But of course, it's more likely that you've never used a CF card in your Amiga at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat the Cat
Uhuh, again, quote my response, it depends where the CF is attached to the Amiga, If it is going to be attached to a PCMCIA card slot, it makes a difference, does have a boot track, and you can kiss my ass.
You didn't even read my reply, did you? The PCMCIA slot is only bootable using CC0, and CC0 doesn't support CF cards. Furthermore, CF cards in the PCMCIA slots use a DOSdriver with FAT filesystem, and hence no Amiga-supported boot track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat the Cat
There is a lot of ambiguity in the OP, don't take it as read that your solid state solution to a booting Amiga from a solid state device is the only one.
The difference between my solutions and your solution is that yours is purely theoretical.

Page generated in 0.06333 seconds with 9 queries