View Single Post
Old 01 January 2017, 20:23   #15
Pat the Cat
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
Zeewolf 2.
Ha. Very good choice for testing purposes. Frontier on an A3000 25MHz was pretty much stutter free, but I've no idea what the frame rate was...20Hz or better, I guess. NTSC mode helps too, IIRC.

MicroProse sims like GS2000 or M1 Tank Platoon are pretty good, because LIKE Frontier, they also have some attempt at real physical world modelling. BUT all Microprose sims were password protected, I think. Not sure about that, but they would be good test alternatives, in my opinion. I can't remember many others off the top of my head. Driving, flying, and racing games are probably a good genre. You might want to consider loading at non-floppy speeds, and a lot of sims are multi-floppy. M1 Tank Platoon isn't.

TerribleFire, I'm not too sure what I can do to help, apart from maybe try building a couple in a couple months, and I'm awfully busy for a week or so, but...

... after that, I'll get Eagle fired up and see if I can look your projects over and help suggest stuff.

I'm not a great developer and pretty slow, and it's a slow boat you're taking in the long run. But I like your goals very much.

I think the longest Amiga MC program I've ever written was about half a K. And that spent 99% of it's time executing NOPs. But, it was a real time app, and works very nicely. Never released any of that stuff, haven't coded for 20 years.

Last edited by Pat the Cat; 01 January 2017 at 21:35.

Page generated in 0.04378 seconds with 11 queries