View Single Post
Old 23 December 2016, 16:19   #50
turrican9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
@turrican9 apart from the GBS8200 which I use to connect the A600 to VGA when the HDMI output from the Vampire isnt used, I have a BenQ BL702 for my A1200. (LCD TV with 4:3 ratio connected with RGB to Scart cable for the A500) and a CD32 hooked up to an old skool CRT TV through Scart.

Of the 4(5) options above, the BenQ 702 work probably the best from a picture quality vs flexibility vs price standpoint.
You are however limited to that small screen. So by buying an external scandoubler you buy yourself flexibility to hook your devices up to different screens. If you dont plan to do that then there are probably more affordable solutions.

Skickat från min LG-H850 via Tapatalk
Well, I don't want to connect my Amigas to big screens anyway. Even the 17 inch BenQ BL 702A are quite a bit bigger than the old 14 inch CRT TVs and monitors which is the size many people used. And also the size I feel stuff where made to look good on. I actually have two 702As and one BL 912. I bought enough of these in case they would dissapear from the market soon. I have to say that the BL 912 is almost too big for me, but also has a rather perfect picture. The red colour on the BL 912 needed to be manually set to get a more warm picture like the 702As have.

As for scanlines I have several options. I can my A600 which has the Indy ECS. I can put my other Indy ECS in one of my A500s. But not with the ACA 500 as it gives quite bad interference. Ironic since both components comes from the same company. I can then choose to use the built-in scanlines or use it together with a cheap scanlines generator I have that gives softer scanlines. I also have my A1200 with the Indy AGA MK2 which you can actually set how dark you want the scanlines. AGA MK2 is missing vsync but I have managed to make a profile that is finetuned to 50.137Hz. This was the closest I got to perfect smoothness. It will have a small screen tear very rarely.

Page generated in 0.04312 seconds with 11 queries