View Single Post
Old 13 December 2016, 01:13   #165
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
So, finally got the time to check Wing Commander. And then I realised the SX32 isn't such an ideal addon as I thought. The additional FastRAM breaks some games, such as Chaos ENgine CD32 (the intro only plays sound, no video) and... Wing Commander, the palette is corrupted. It runs fine when I disable the fastram with the SX32 jumpers. Then I also couldn't see any difference between my CD32 with SX32 and without SX32, both ran at the, IMO unplayable, slow FPS. Heart of the Alien runs smoother I think.

Is there a way to disable fastRAM from, let's say workbench and then have the CD32 reboot with only ChipRAM? I don't feel like opening up de CD32 and changing jumpers everytime I want to play a game that doesn't run with FastRAM.
I recommend you make that request in the Project.CD32 conversions board In theory it should be possible to make say a disc that just boots TUDE and then prompts you to swap disc. Cobe made something like that for Tanks Furry (as TF isn't out of the box CD32 compatible).

Page generated in 0.07024 seconds with 9 queries