View Single Post
Old 07 December 2016, 18:41   #19
HOL / AMR Team Member

Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
That one worked eventually! The proxy home page won't load on AWeb due to JavaScript so I had to get the full site's URL from my Mac then get a shortlink to enter on AWeb.
Simply awesome! Luckily I was fiddling with proxies some months back and remembered that handy website which keeps a running list of proxies.

I've got to say it's quite amazing that one of the first home computers from 30 years ago now has the wealth of the world's information on it and that I can look up anything about anything and get the result in under 3 minutes!

Well done us! I wonder if this is the first Amiga 500 running Wikipedia...
Indeed, well done! I'm sure you could probably lay claim to that for post-HTTPS Wikipedia.

Funnily enough, your photos of AWeb displaying mobile Wikipedia are very reminiscent of how I remember regular Wikipedia looking on AWeb/IBrowse on my A500/030, back in the early 2000s when I was using 56K dial-up modem on it. Sadly, I've moved around a few times since then and my A500/030 set-up has been stuck in a foam packing box in the spare room of everywhere I've lived ever since!
Page generated in 0.05002 seconds with 9 queries