View Single Post
Old 07 December 2016, 17:41   #19
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starglider 2 View Post
That one worked eventually! The proxy home page won't load on AWeb due to JavaScript so I had to get the full site's URL from my Mac then get a shortlink to enter on AWeb.
Simply awesome! Luckily I was fiddling with proxies some months back and remembered that handy website which keeps a running list of proxies.

Quote:
I've got to say it's quite amazing that one of the first home computers from 30 years ago now has the wealth of the world's information on it and that I can look up anything about anything and get the result in under 3 minutes!

Well done us! I wonder if this is the first Amiga 500 running Wikipedia...
Indeed, well done! I'm sure you could probably lay claim to that for post-HTTPS Wikipedia.

Funnily enough, your photos of AWeb displaying mobile Wikipedia are very reminiscent of how I remember regular Wikipedia looking on AWeb/IBrowse on my A500/030, back in the early 2000s when I was using 56K dial-up modem on it. Sadly, I've moved around a few times since then and my A500/030 set-up has been stuck in a foam packing box in the spare room of everywhere I've lived ever since!

Page generated in 0.08506 seconds with 9 queries