View Single Post
Old 05 December 2016, 04:02   #16
Sinphaltimus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortuguesePilot View Post
Hum. Everyone's saying it elsewhere but no-one says it here? Dunno why. I think that forums are meant for communication and we can't communicate effectively if we don't share our true feelings, right? Well, then... somebody's gotta say it, so guess it's gonna have to be me: As it is, the Vampires are too expensive. When a board costs more than the computer that it's supposed to enhance, then it's too expensive. I'm not dissing the boards, mind you! Not by any chance! I love them and the work that was put into them is extremely respectable and worthy. I think this is the future and that FPGA will revolutionise the Amiga world. However, their current market cost is just too hight. I know that the production costs have to be met, the producers have to pay for the expense and still have some profit and that the market drives the price and that availability is a paid commodity, etc. I know. But, for me, they're just too expensive. Inevitably, the prices will drop sometime in the future and I guess I'll wait until they do. Anyway, don't let my stance deter you. I honestly wish you good luck with business, mates! Keep on helping the Amiga stay alive.
A GTX 1080 video card for a PC is worth more than the mainboard you plug it into.

Most vintage computers are available for less money than most things you could buy for them to add to.

You'll frequently find TI-99/4a computers for around $30 US in working condition, almost all add ons for that are more.

I understand it's expensive for you, it is expensive for me as well. But because it is more expensive than the computer doesn't mean it is too expensive, especially because too expensive is a relative term.

Just a counter point not to be argumentative with your opinion.

Page generated in 0.04848 seconds with 9 queries