View Single Post
Old 25 November 2016, 05:54   #151
earok

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
I've never heard of the SX32 breaks Akiko support. Is that true across the board or just some quirk of this game? Does it matter which model of SX32 you have - SX32 with RAM & hard drive or SX32 Pro with 68030,RAM & hard drive?

When you say "Even SX32 type addons tend to break Akiko support" what does break mean? The game won't play at all or it'll play but with software c2p instead of Akiko c2p? If the latter, wouldn't it run faster / smoother with an 030 and RAM doing software c2p?

Somewhere I remember reading that at some point (faster CPU more RAM) the software c2p starts to outperform stock CD32 using Akiko for hardware c2p.
From the best of my knowledge - I don't have a CD32 myself but I do collaborate with someone who does - the Akiko chip doesn't function when an SX32 is installed (I've given him an ISO with Doom using an Akiko C2P routine, it wouldn't work at all). I have no idea about different types of SX32.

HOTA as is may work, it may not. Actually it probably would work since I believe it uses the "WriteChunkyPixels" function in graphics.library, which only uses the Akiko chip when present. So as you say, an 030 and fast ram would probably outperform it. BlazeWCP would (I think) help too.

Page generated in 0.05012 seconds with 9 queries