View Single Post
Old 19 November 2016, 17:05   #19
mark_k

Most images I uploaded before were ones I noticed didn't load in WinUAE, so hopefully don't reflect the quality of a dump from a good/working disk. I think the most likely problem is with the disks. I didn't try loading them all into WinUAE but most of the "bad" ones were bought from the same source so would have been stored in the same conditions for ~20 years.

The other day I used a different power supply and different drive (Teac FD-235HF) but got a similar result with the Elite and Sensible Soccer disks.

I have uploaded an archive containing various dumps I made, with both the Citizen Z1DE and Teac drives (~206MB). Also a dump of the Metacomco Shell disk made with Teac FD-235HF drive (forgot to include it in the main archive):
Code:
https://www.media!fire.com/?fwb11oe6r6xbaxx
https://www.media!fire.com/?ayk2lkw69fc73sb
Looking at them in HxCFloppyEmulator there aren't huge wobbles with some of the dumps, and the Elite and Sensi Soccer dumps on FD-235HF are similarly wobbly to the ones made using the Citizen drive. Hopefully this means my drives are OK. The disks, not so much...

Having said that, comparing the Metacomco Shell dumps (and maybe Sensi Soccer) from Citizen and Teac drives, HxCFloppyEmulator is able to fully decode the Teac MCC Shell dump, but not the Citizen dump.

My theory is that the more the disk is read, the more any debris can be removed by head movement and the disc rotating against the liner material. I'll try reading them again in the Citizen drive and see if they are fully-decodeable.

Archive contents:
Yet_more_SCP_images/
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Blasteroids.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Dizzy_Dice.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Karate_Kid_II.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Asterix_Operation_Getafix.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Chess_Player_2150.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Onslaught.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Trivial_Pursuit.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Pipe_Mania.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Rick_Dangerous.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Arcade_Action_Pack/Rock_n_Roll.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Metacomco_Shell_1.2_SN610.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/Marble_Madness.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/SuSE_Linux_6.2/
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/SuSE_Linux_6.2/Bootdisk_LA_0238.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Citizen_Z1DE/SuSE_Linux_6.2/Modules_LA_0239.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Teac_FD-235HF_F160327/
Yet_more_SCP_images/Teac_FD-235HF_F160327/2nd_Empty_Maxell_MF2DD.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Teac_FD-235HF_F160327/Award_Winners_Gold_Edition/
Yet_more_SCP_images/Teac_FD-235HF_F160327/Award_Winners_Gold_Edition/1_of_6_Sensible_Soccer_Disk_1_of_2.scp
Yet_more_SCP_images/Teac_FD-235HF_F160327/Award_Winners_Gold_Edition/6_of_6_Elite.scp

Page generated in 0.05185 seconds with 9 queries