View Single Post
Old 03 November 2016, 15:56   #68
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
I was rather thinking of the interlace, especially if the images happen to use 3 or 4 fields (as suggested by dml's website). In which case a blended image and the actual interlaced image are two whole different beasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by britelite View Post
I was rather thinking of the interlace, especially if the images happen to use 3 or 4 fields (as suggested by dml's website). In which case a blended image and the actual interlaced image are two whole different beasts.
Interlace is a problem only when there is a motion not static and in fact it was a problem in CRT times, now LCD's are not affected by interlace at all.
And yes, temporal dithering combined with interlace will be disaster but... but we don't need to use temporal dither, and we don't need to use interlace - easily you can generate on Amiga 624/626p25 video (or by using ECS/AGA feature - i tested this in past and even ordinary CRT TV was capable to receive such signal or by software VHPOSW banging).

Side to this ST doesn't have real interlace - there is only field swapping but it is not real interlace (but Amiga has real interlace).

Page generated in 0.09573 seconds with 10 queries