View Single Post
Old 01 November 2016, 08:41   #15
meynaf
68k wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Actually, I've done plenty of filtering. And I tend to avoid box filters, whenever possible btw. In case of anything from MPEG-1 to -4, however there are rules to obey. My code implements exactly what's needed to interpolate the subpixels for these standards. This is nothing else than the classic polyphase approach, where you calculate (and keep) only what you really need.
But the code you've shown here, is incomplete. It doesn't look like an interpolation, you're just averaging with the next value.

Quote:
You know, people have been implementing ISO/IEC 23002-2 compliant DCT/iDCT algorithms with just shifts and adds. But apart from that, my recent AMMX iDCT (which sparked TuKo's post) performs parallel multiplies at full throughput just fine.
I want to see the code. I've touched several DCT and none had any spot to perform anything in parallel.

Quote:
They are documented, but as work in progress not in public. Besides, I see not much point in arguing about a necessity of trust. Take it or leave it, your choice. I just provided a code example you asked for and I'm not a marketing department.
If this is just a work in progress and not publicly available, why creating a thread to boast about its performance here ? Isn't it selling the fur before killing the beast ?

Quote:
Let me break it to you this way: I've been coding in SIMD since 20 years ago and tend to think that I know quite well where it applies, where not and which engineering compromises led to the trend. AMMX is not the first SIMD ISA where I've contributed the one or other thought.
So if you know quite well, just explain.

Quote:
Yes, it can. But it wasn't the only functionality we liked to have.
Then i may eventually want to see another of these functionalities in action, huh ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grond View Post
I bet that's what they said to the guy who decided to make the D-registers 32 bit wide just like the A-registers...
Perhaps there is a good reason for this...

Page generated in 0.05983 seconds with 9 queries