View Single Post
Old 01 November 2016, 04:43   #17
AndNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
Ahh, I was looking at that ebay listing myself the other day. Looks like a good score to me, although I'd get it recapped ASAP, for your own piece of mind. I can pass on the details of the person who recapped mine, who is near Ballarat from memory.

Regarding adding fast RAM, I could be wrong here, but my understanding is that adding fast RAM via the PCMCIA slot makes it slow fast ram, because it's on a 16-bit bus. But I could very well be wrong there. Thus, adding fast RAM via the PCMCIA slot wouldn't see it give the performance of adding fast RAM to other models in other ways - once again, I could be wrong, but I believe that would be the slowest fast ram available, other than A500 'trapdoor' when configured to not be chip ram. Given your plans for this with regards to Wolf3D, I think this could be a problem.
That would be great if you pass along the details of the person that can recap the A600

I've just posted in the market place asking if anyone wants to sell one of kippers2k boards. If I have no luck there I'm sure he will build one once all those Vampire 2 orders get out the way - fingers crossed.

Page generated in 0.04819 seconds with 9 queries