View Single Post
Old 31 October 2016, 10:03   #10
AndNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyWilkins View Post
I know exactly what you mean, I only got my A600 this year after not owning one for years, and it felt like 'coming home again' - at least that's the best way I can describe it. The reason I ask if your Kickstart is socketed is because I was surprised to find that my late revision A600 had its Kickstart 37.350 soldered on, making it a little more difficult to upgrade (or downgrade, or add a switcher), but it's something I want to upgrade in mine. Yes, being a stock A600 it's probably got 37.299, 37.300 or 37.350, so yes, Kickstart 2.0

If you're going to be using it for programming, yes you'll want a faster CPU and Fast RAM, this is for the proof of concept Wolf3D on A1000 program, correct? Is the plan to cross compile, or will you be using the A600 to actually code? What else will you be intending to use the machine for?

I notice you're in Australia too, cool, which state?

With regards to adding fast RAM, I'm interested in the Furia 020 personally, as that adds fast ram and a faster cpu, and has MapROM functionality, so I could soft-kick a later Kickstart, rather then unsoldering the one I have in it now.
After re-looking at the listing on eBay it looks like it has kickstart 2.1

Yes, it's for that proof of concept Wolf3D, so I'm trying to keep the system pretty much as is, barring a fast memory upgrade. I'm cross compiling so the A600 will only be used for testing compatibility. Later I'll probably expand it with a Vampire 2.

I'm based in Melbourne.

Page generated in 0.08340 seconds with 9 queries