View Single Post
Old 22 October 2016, 19:59   #14
JZon

Can I buy an external 3.5" floppy drive & install this?

OK. I (thought) I created an empty file. I use a raised CommandPrompt and..

fsutil file createnew <filename> <size>

in my case..

fsutil file createnew CyberstormPPC.rom 1024

It puts it in C, Windows folder. I move it to ROM folder of C,ProgramFilex86,WinUAE.

But, when I navigate to my ROM folder, it's only 1 kb. Will that grow if I try to put the update in there (via executing the ppc udate on Aos in WinUAE)?

Why doesn't it already show 1024 kb's?

The readme's seem to indicate it wants one to hold the s key when booting and press both left and right mouse buttons to access Amiga Dos. Where upon which one is supposed to turn off all hard drives, and boot with Workbench to add the updates. (Is that for real Amiga's?) So, I put the updates on a floppy, and reboot with WB3.1 from floppy. When installing I get :

CyberstormPPC 128KB FlashTool V1.6
No Cyberstorm PPC installed

I have the updates, unarchived, on my hard drive (directory). But when I set the config to include the expansion settings, I get the insert disk anim when starting WinUAE. (which is why I tried removing my Amiga4000 WB3.9 HD hard drive and booting from WB3.1 floppy with another floppy with the updates)

I also tried creating a hardfile. This wants to make a vhd. I can make a hardfile to the correct size, but I didn't know that size. So, I went up to 1024. I renamed it from vhd to CyberstormPPC.rom and same as above.

Maybe I'm not properly creating an empty file?

When I click the updates icon (PPCUpdate), isn't that now going to try to update the 3.1WB floppy? The doc says to remove HD's and update your HW from a floppy.

Maybe I boot to 3.9 on HD first, then adjust config for with new empty rom file, OK, and update? (I think I tried this)

Thank you very much! Brother Jzon

Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 11 queries