View Single Post
Old 21 October 2016, 21:25   #323
Ratteler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
The Apollo team have their own roadmap and are already busy with the currently planned stuff probably for a couple of years.
Ppl can dream but I don't think it will distract the team too much from their ongoing plan.
Ppl with big dreams will simply have to learn they will be largely ignored, but at the same time its not fun to shoot down all incoming ideas. From time to time, useful proposals turn up among the casual dreaming ;-)
Really. My first goal is simply to get my hands on a Vampire 500 at a price i might actually be able to afford. IE in the $250 range instead of the $650 Range they are going for on Ebay.

The fact is, the FPGA can be reprogrammed to be just about anything, and I remember we had a 286 Atonce adapter board, and an internal IDE Hard Drive in an Amiga 500 back when I was in collage.

So this is not an impossible, illogical or unachievable goal.
It's just not a remote priority at this time.

One of the most exciting feature of the Vampire is it potential to host alternative cores BECAUSE it is FPGA based.

No one is asking anyone to alter what they are doing now, but when there is little left to do to utilize the full potential of the Vampire as an Amiga, projects like will not only keep the developers interest, but entice customers like myself to purchase boards and keep the project economically viable.

Page generated in 0.07120 seconds with 11 queries