View Single Post
Old 20 October 2016, 11:26   #1
Salami_INC
SALAMI INC.

ADF Sender Terminal on Linux

I don't see a tutorial board or similar, so I post it here. I've seen many thread asking about this without much answer and I had to figure it out myself, as my winXP machine just died.
If you try to run ADF ST through wine it will launch just fine, but you will always get an error PORT IS ALREADY OPEN. How to fix that ?
First of all, you need to find out which port is the real one you're using. If you're using serial 2 usb adapter it should be /dev/ttyUSB0 (the number might be different)

Type dmesg | grep tty
It should show all your serial ports. It shows ttyS0 and ttyS1 for me, so I know it's one of these (there's also tty0, but it says console, so it's not it !)
Now you need to create a symlink to that port for wine, so type this
ln -s /dev/ttyS0 ~/.wine/dosdevices/com1
Change ttyS0 to your port number. If you don't know which one is it you can just add all of them, just give them different number after "com" Later in ADF ST you can just select all COM ports until it works.
After you do that, you're still gonna have permission denied and that's because you're not in the dialout group. Type groups ${USER} That will show all groups that you belong to. If you can't see dialout there, type this
sudo gpasswd -a USER_NAME dialout
change USER_NAME to your user name...

Logout and login, ADF ST should work fine with wine from now on !

Last edited by Salami_INC; 20 October 2016 at 17:15.
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.04806 seconds with 9 queries