View Single Post
Old 18 October 2016, 17:21   #112
meynaf
son of 68k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosplat View Post
I'm quite obviously saying the complete opposite of what you're claiming I'm saying in at least one of the above quotes, plus you seem to be denying that psychoacoustics which differs between individuals determines what a person does or doesn't hear.
I'm not claiming you saying anything you didn't say. I just copy-pasted your text. The fact you might have changed said text by editing later, doesn't change that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratosplat View Post
You're clearly putting your own spin on my words for some reason that I don't understand. On that basis, I shall take no further part in this conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
Why you constantly misleading everything?
I will ignore this - looks too much like personal attack.

Quote:
Honestly - I don't trust your ears and i have limited trust to mine. Why not using something not so subjective?
Considering what you wrote, the difference should be obvious to the ear.
If the ear, either yours or mine, can't perceive it, then it's just too subtle and not worth talking about in depreciating terms such as those that were written.

If you want some not subjective way, just make it heard by enough people. Sound quality can't really be measured - you can only measure accuracy but accuracy isn't equal to quality.

Quote:
And as i can't listen your Amiga (used by you as reference to justify your claim) then perhaps you can record sound from your Amiga (for example using samples provided in this topic) for example on PC with Line In input?
Oh yeah, on PC input. Just the best way to add PC noise to some sound.

Quote:
Will be nice if you can place those samples in uncompressed or compressed losslessly (FLAC?) somewhere where i can download them and i can hear your Amiga same as you (then i will be able to hear same signal as you with proper Amiga and proper software).
It would be better if you get an accelerator for your A500 then use proper replay software.

Quote:
For today as i can't hear your Amiga I can tell only one thing 68 or 72dB is not 14 bit as electric current is not simple arithmetic in 68k registers and assumption that you feeding 16 or 14 bit to two 8 bit DAC's where one of them has introduced -36dB doesn't mean that they behave like 14 or 16 bit DAC and all this without even involving other problems related to audio circuits design.
Seems that, once again, you just isolate the DAC.
(and forget what calibrated output is all about)

Quote:
If you reject this opportunity to answer questions then i have proposal to stop talking what you or i can hear (or not) until i will be able to measure in objective way Amiga audio output (of course after all you can be a real audiophile and reject scientific approach claiming that theory is meaningless).
You can stop talking with me if you want. All this electronic stuff is off-topic there anyway.

Page generated in 0.06994 seconds with 11 queries