View Single Post
Old 17 October 2016, 15:01   #342
Dr.Venom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
I don't see any difference between 5 and 6. Both have same problem, it is just
random if it starts quickly or later.
I've gone back and retested 3.0.0, 3.1.0, 3.2.0, 3.3.0, 3.4.0beta1 to beta 5 and they are all OK. The problem is introduced with beta 6. Sorry can't make anything else from it.

I did make a new config/testcase. This makes use of Lionheart intro/options screen, as it is static interlaced, and will not switch back to progressive, such that there is enough time for proper testing. It's also done with the Lionheart HDF for some quicker loading (upped by ransom in "ftp://grandis.nu//~Uploads/ransom").

Please see also attached logs from both beta 5 and 6. I tried various times going in and out the GUI, but you can see from the logs that beta5 has no issue getting the right field synchronization, while beta 6 goes into the infinite field type (mis)matching loop every time.

You should be able to use the attached config with minimal adjustment (a500i.uae), only change the display to your interlaced screen, and get the lionheart HDF from above link. When Lionheart loads up to the intro screen (scrolling background) press fire and you'll be in the interlaced options screen.

Hope this helps uncovering the interlace frame type mismatch behaviour in >=beta6 releases.

Edit: All tests done were done with the 64-bit versions, in case that could make any difference.
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuaelog_beta5+beta6.zip (20.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: uae A500i.uae (13.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by Dr.Venom; 17 October 2016 at 15:09. Reason: Addition that 64-bit versions were used for testing.
Dr.Venom is offline  
 
Page generated in 0.05703 seconds with 10 queries