View Single Post
Old 15 October 2016, 06:36   #58
TroyWilkins

Ok, I'm starting to get a little annoyed with the composite video output I'm currently using, it's nowhere near as good (obviously) as how I remember things looking on my 1084s back in the day, or the NEC multisync I replaced it with. So I started looking into what my options are.

My display devices here are:
  1. the Sony HX900 in the lounge room (which is what I'm using at the moment), which has composite in, HDMI, VGA, component, and RF.
  2. Several different LCD PC monitors with VGA and/or DVI input.
  3. Soniq L42V12A-AU in another room, composite, RF, VGA, HDMI

The Indivision ECS looks like it would be perfect, as I could then connect to pretty much anything, and I've already got the A604n, but ouch on the price. I realise it's an item that is a low-volume sales, made for a niche market, but I'd rather put that sort of money towards an accelerator and some fast RAM for the A600.

I found that there have been threads here about Amiga to component options, but those looked like dead threads, which is sad.

While I'd love to get myself another 1084s, or even better a nice multisync, I doubt those would be cheaper than the Indivision ECS.

I know there are other options, but from what I've found, they look like they have their own hassles, such as needing their own power input.

So, does anyone have any ideas. It looks like if SCART was an option here it would make things so much easier, but I don't think I've ever seen a scart connector on a TV here in Australia, sure there may be some, but I've never seen it as an option.

Page generated in 0.05721 seconds with 9 queries