View Single Post
Old 14 October 2016, 18:40   #82
Originally Posted by wXR View Post
@Heiroglyph, I am saying nothing more than if it is less than $1M -- which it absolutely should be -- it can be done. Don't worry, until the other players are at the table, we are not bargaining.

@Olaf, I know your pessimism is somehow well-intentioned, but I honestly don't believe that anyone in this community has ever summoned the present-day powers of social media to do a true crowd-funding campaign for such a noble project. Whatever association you might be making I can guess was based on bounties in an extraordinarily limited context. To my earlier point about documentaries and rich interviewees, there are plenty of people with great fondness for the Amiga, going far beyond what is considered "the community".
most people have gone on and long lost interest. I doubt that many would contribute to somehow open sourcing of the 3.1 sources. But go on if you want. BTW I would not really know who owns it now. There are lots of discussions about that with no result. Of course you would need attorneys who check contracts assuming that you can identify the copyright owner and assuming this person or company is willing to sell.
Page generated in 0.05058 seconds with 9 queries