View Single Post
Old 11 October 2016, 13:57   #281

Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Originally Posted by ExiE View Post
"specialized decoder (not the real sound-) card..."
An unfortunate choice of words. We already said its not a sound card. Maybe people find it easier to call it that.

Originally Posted by eXeler0 View Post
It's a bit of a stretch to call it a proper soundcard ey? Its more of a co-processor for encoding / decoding *specific* audio formats.
But, yea lets not nitpick.. ;-)

Anyway, I don't get the following.. The clockport version requires a A1200 Tower? (I Read it on Wiki page)
First of all, if its targeted at A1200 Tower users, why not a PCI (Mediator) version. And secondly.. card seems small, seems to me you could fit it in a regular A1200 with a proper connector / adapter to the clockport, no? (Maybe the Wiki is outdated?)
Its a mistake. The press release clearly shows the A1200 Desktop backplate. Think he ment A4000, as they had some setup for bigbox Amiga's with them.

Originally Posted by Overflow View Post

I got MAS Player on my A1200, and are quite happy about with it.
But Im curious about the difference in performance/quality while used with for example Hippoplayer, AmigaAmp, etc

Also, will it be able to play mp3s at higher bitrate than MAS player without causing lag?

I got a V600 too, which plays mp3s flawlessly, but for games and demos (nonRTG) I use the A1200.
If there is sufficient performance differences and features Prisma vs MAS, I might consider upgrading.
It works find here on a non expanded A1200, without any slow downs, regardless of what your doing.
Is able to play higher quality without issue, unlike mas player which can struggle in some situations.

Last edited by FOL; 11 October 2016 at 14:02.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05059 seconds with 9 queries