We are happy to announce the release of the new update of AKReal – the unofficial conversion of AmiKit for real Amiga machines-. Now you also have a Full installation available for AKReal 8.7.
The on-line update is delivered to your AKReal installation via its Live Update feature. Simply boot your AKReal and the new update will be found automatically. Just confirm and install.
Full installation archive is available for free from http://real.amiga.sk/
WHAT'S NEW ON AKREAL 8.7?
AKReal 8.7 by Retrofan (October - 2016).
- ADDED: GetMouseInput v1.4 by Tim Jackson. Now pressing the right button of the mice while booting starts ScummVM AGA.
- ADDED: "wp_beach" and "WorkingC64C" wallpapers.
- ADDED: "Nostalgia" radio streaming and also to the menus.
- ADDED: New option to the "Better Config" program with a new "AKReal 1024" RTG AfAOS setup.
- ADDED: New gif image from Miikka Lehto for ReqAttack.
- FIXED: MorpheuZ script.
- FIXED: Simon the Soccerer in ScummVM AGA menu had a bad path.
- UPDATED: Icon.library 46.4.436 by Peter Keunecke.
- UPDATED: NetSurf AGA 3.6 Dev. NetSurf AGA no fpu is now used as the main one from the docks.
- UPDATED: Docks.
- UPDATED: AmigaJournal 0.9716 Beta by Richard H. Poser II.
- CHANGED: MUI 5.0 2016R2 instead of MUI 4.
- CHANGED: FullPalette Prefs by PeterK, June 2016.
- CHANGED: SongPlayer MUI preferences.
- CHANGED: MorpheuZ script. New "Better Config" option, better amount of colors in AmiModRadio and
new Songplayer option so you can select among several skins with MUI 5.
- CHANGED: "Random Skin" for AmiModRadio when using 64 or 128 colors.
- CHANGED: AmiStart in the WBStartup now is a script. It will detect if you are using or not AfA to change.
- CHANGED: MacLikeDock script from the WBStartup.
- CHANGED: Images in the Workbench2000 docks to look right from 16 colors.
- CHANGED: Startup-Sequence
- DELETED: "Beatles" radio Stream icon-script. No longer available.
- DELETED: WBPattern prefs option in Start Menus.
- DELETED: Startup-Sequence.SAFEMODE
And some other minor changes to make it all working perfect.
The Full install is the best option just because it will use the original AmiKit icons and all of them will be in the right places.
The icons packs have also been updated: The Mattahan's icons and the 16 Colors Ken's Icons if you need faster icons.
Remember to use a booting partition with enough room. By now at least 1GB for a Full Install and a bit more for the update, so you better make it larger for future updates.
These are two screenshots using WinUAE and the "Better Config" option now included in MorpheuZ showing a new setup: "AKReal1024". On WinUAE you can boot AKReal using a Display 800x600, add the Picasso rom to WinUAE and a Picasso IV Zorro III as RTG board. Then opening MorpheuZ and selecting to use Better Config you don't have to change the display from 800x600, but you'll get an AKReal like this:
And this is a video I made a week ago about the WIP:
[ Show youtube player ]
Many thanks to Tim Jackson for GetMouseInput, Thore Böckelmann for his MUI5 development, fixings and help with many questions, to PeterK also helping a lot, James Stalham that always helps with something and also to Thomas Rapp just for standing so many questions.
Have Fun !!
AKReal is free, but you can contribute with whatever amount you feel it is worth.