View Single Post
Old 30 September 2016, 17:09   #79
Amiga Collector

Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You have to announce your intentions. There has to be a definitive level of interest to get the commitment to go into production. You guys don't realize just how expensive it is to start up a new production run of anything (and yes, these would be new runs because all of the old tooling is long gone). For electronics there are up front NRE (non re-occurring engineering) fees, so additional runs are cheaper. But, you still have to fork out the money up front. In the case of accelerators and other relatively expensive items, it's tens of thousands of dollars in expense to get started. Would YOU spend that kind of money without some type of reassurance that you are going to at least recoup that amount (regardless of a profit)?

I have a slew of Amiga hardware designs, but there is no way that I would just suddenly have a pile of products for sale without finding out if there is even an interest in them.
Seems you don't get my point. It is a big difference if you are asking about interest in the community and if they would buy something when its coming out, there is nothing wrong with that. But making big plans of this and that and having it sound as if its nearly finished and showing nothing is what makes everybody suspicious as it happened too often in the past.
Page generated in 0.05047 seconds with 9 queries