View Single Post
Old 29 September 2016, 15:39   #1
bwldrbst

GUI toolkit alternatives

Over the last few months I've been working on a pretty light weight Dock application intended to work on 3.0 or 3.1 systems. I'm a fan of BetterWB (and my most powerful real Amiga is an A2000 with and 030 and 10MB RAM) so the idea is to have something that fits in with it.

A picture of the dock as it currently looks can be seen at https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlxvb85y5v...60929.png?dl=0

Each object shown on the dock is implemented as a BOOPSI class that is responsible for rendering and responding to user actions. The object can respond to clicks, dropped workbench icons or a hotkey.

The icon button class is built in to application but the clock and memory meter in the linked image are loaded dynamically based on the config file.

One part that I haven't really decided on is the GUI for the preferences application. I'd like to have it dynamic so that each object can provide it's own config UI.

I've considered using MUI but would prefer something a bit lighter.

Are there any GUI libraries around that make it easy to add and remove gadgets to a window at run time?

Page generated in 0.04357 seconds with 11 queries