View Single Post
Old 14 July 2003, 13:06   #1
Tim Janssen

Roll eyes (sarcastic) The Commodore brand

This topic is quite causing quite a commotion in the Commodore 64 community:

Ironstone and Tulip invite the Commodore community to join the official Commodore C64 web-portal. Currently there are about 300 commercial websites that use the name Commodore or Commodore 64 without having a license from Tulip. Tulip will not allow unauthorised use of the Commodore brand.
Read the full article here. Read the thoughts of the C64 community at Lemon64 Forum.

I am really getting sick of companies who are trying to squeeze out every last penny of Internet initiatives. Every time when individuals come up with creative, informative sites or shrines a big pesky corporation comes up claiming a percentage because they have the rights on a logo/name/colour/phrase/idea whatever.
Tulip owns the Commodore brand name and logo. I think they bought the brand back in 1997, put some PCs on the market with a Commodore sticker on it, and that is it! I know they ran into financial difficulties the past few years and this is their final last gesture before their inevitable death. But this claim is the saddest case I have ever seen. I am ashamed I live in the same country as those Tulip perps.

What are your thoughts about this?
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.05610 seconds with 9 queries