View Single Post
Old 19 September 2016, 17:11   #1
mark_k

VGA mode resolution autoswitch problem

I noticed a problem with the VGA mode resolution autoswitch option.

My HDF boots into Workbench with HIGHGFX:Super High Res Laced (1024768) mode.

The attached config has VGA mode resolution autoswitch enabled, resolution set to Hires (normal), resolution autoswitch disabled. After booting the HDF to Workbench I can run a program which opens a PAL high res screen and switching between screens works fine; no double-width pixels when the PAL screen is frontmost.

To demonstrate the problem:
- Load config. Notice resolution is set to Hires (normal).
- Start emulation, HDF boots to HighGfx Workbench.
- Press F12, notice resolution is set to Superhires now.
- Save the (should-be unchanged) config to test1.uae then click OK or Cancel to continue emulation.
- Run a program that opens a PAL High res screen. It looks normal (not double-width).
- Press F12, notice resolution is set to Hires (normal) now.
- Save the (should-still-be unchanged) config to test2.uae then click OK or Cancel to continue emulation.
- Quit WinUAE. Run WinUAE again, load test1.uae. Boot the HDF. Run a program which opens a PAL high res screen. It's double-width.
- Load the test2.uae config. Boot HDF, run program which opens PAL high res screen. It's the correct non-doubled width.

So the problem appears to be, if a super-high res screen happens to be in front when you press F12 and save the config, when you next load that config, VGA mode resolution autoswitch doesn't work correctly.

However, if a high res screen happens to be in front when you save the config, next time you load the config it works fine.
Attached Files
File Type: uae my_test_JIT.uae (11.4 KB, 14 views)
AdSense AdSense  

Page generated in 0.06774 seconds with 10 queries