View Single Post
Old 17 September 2016, 01:20   #48
Global Moderator

Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
DamienD is not as easy as it seems, experience for you What I can say most of the Amiga games are already compressed, this is due to the little floppy space used by many models AMiGA, with A4000 instead there are the HD floppy, I've also an external, in this case the game Marco Marco Gregorio's It would enter perfectly.
Oh I'm quite aware of this... Definitely not as easy as what it seems, and in some cases as you say, there's nothing you can do as the original programmers have already used all tricks available

There's been a few times that I tried compacting EXE files and it's failed with 4 out of 5 (or even 5 out of 5) programs that I've used.

...but then, also as you've mentioned, there are occasions that maybe some form of compression can work. Trial and error at the end of the day I guess

Just like with the "Moon Child" disks I created and you gave great suggestions with. I had to jump through all sorts of hoops to get the size down:

... Split / join.
... Compress (you used "PowerPacker" but this was always unsuccessful for me so ended up using "CrunchyDat").

Again, thanks for all your input. It's great to try new technics. Yes, it may take a few hours and at the end still fail but all good
Page generated in 0.08824 seconds with 9 queries