View Single Post
Old 30 August 2016, 19:04   #23
DamienD
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Maybe a driver problem, who knows. Your tiny unscaled image in native resolution (post #5) looks fine though.
Yeah, you know I thought it could be either:

a) A driver issue / scaling switched on.

or

b) A monitor issue / scaling switched on.

I'm home now so using my proper Windows 7 64-bit laptop. I've connected it to 2 x TVs that I have in my house via HDMI and all works exactly how it does on my widescreen laptop. I definitely have scaling switched off in both the drivers and the TVs

Anyway, here's the deal. I was testing this today on my work laptop / monitor as I don't have a monitor at home. Basically I gave a friend my WinUAE setup. I guess he only has a PC & monitor. When he ran my configs the image on his monitor looks like the second screenshot in my 1st post.

He's checked his driver settings and confirmed that scaling is switched off. Personally I think it's an issue with his monitor. Scaling needs to be switched off via the buttons / menus. Also worth noting is that he's using a BenQ monitor. I know from experience that these are quite shite (my step-father in Australia has one) so I think that's where the issue lies.

Thanks as always for your help Retro

I'll go back to him and get him to check that scaling is indeed switched off via the buttons / menus on his monitor. Failing that it might be time to test on another monitor or even get a proper monitor

Page generated in 0.05854 seconds with 9 queries