View Single Post
Old 05 August 2016, 11:10   #50

As the coder of the game, may I participate in this thread?

First of all thanks to all who are interested in RESHOOT. Please, let me explain some details regarding the graphics: Most basic objects are made of 8 colors aka 3 bitplanes. But this is only the half truth. Within the game, they are blitted into 3 bitplane view and then mixed with another 4 bitplane view. This gives a nice parallax effect plus a nice and subtle color fade plus lots of colors plus tons of objects. Id say approx. 128 colors in 50 frames per second, with sometimes close to 80 sprites and enough BOBs to keep your adrenaline level high. Not too many Amiga-games do that.

I find comparing RESHOOT to Elfmania (why not Lionheart, while are are at it?) a little bit odd, but yes - of course in the whole lifetime of the Amiga, there were some games that looked more colorful than RESHOOT. But there also were a lot more not-so-great games, with sloppy framerate and all kinds of other problems. As former editor of Germanys biggest Amiga-games magazine Amiga Joker, believe me: Ive played them all. Even the not-so-well-known-but-still-great-ones like Mega Typhoon.

With RESHOOT the target was to aim for a stylish, smooth playing and motivating little shootem-up. The aim was NOT to have the bestlooking presentation and greatest content on the Amiga ever. Let me explain the most important reason for this. I wanted to set myself goals which fit my life. Goals which I and the guys in my team could actually reach. There were / are way too many game-projects too ambitious, which never got completed because people totally underestimate the hard work which is involved in making a fulfilling game.

But RESHOOT is here. Its playable and entertaining. So Invent, thanks for your kind word. Same goes for you. It was great to work with you and most importantly – finish the project. Thanks to you and some others involved, RESHOOT is actually here to order, play and support the Amiga.
Page generated in 0.06859 seconds with 9 queries