View Single Post
Old 16 July 2016, 15:24   #37
HOL / AMR Team Member

Originally Posted by Zetr0 View Post
Currently within the A2000 market the only way to get (nearly) 128MB (or higher) is through a CPU accelerator card - these cost a shed load more than the proposed adaptor re: GVP-M: TekMagic / Blizzard 2040/60 / DKB: WildFire - and that is it.
Geez, what I wouldn't give to get my hands on a DKB Wildfire! There's also the DKB 2632, which was mentioned earlier in this thead and was previously made to piggyback the A2630 card. However, they are becoming harder to source out, even in the U.S. now.....which is why the BigRAM 2630 is likely to have some appeal to the bunch of A2630 owners still out there.

I have no problem with open and honest questions - i.e. configuration, pricing features - but ad hominem attacks against the OP or each other is seriously sickening and annoying.
It's been happening quite a lot all year here in lotsa different threads (and I've received a series of PMs prior to this thread understandably bemoaning the situation), which is why I decided to stand firm on this occasion instead of ignoring it. It's mostly been the same individuals over and over for mine who have been killing threads with their evangelism and bully-boy tactics, and repeated polite requests to stay on-topic and not hijack threads have fallen on deaf ears.

There's no need for it in this thread, I am getting very close to reporting it and several members (on both sides).
I agree. Most of the mods, however, seem to have been busy with real life or WHY in recent months and the hope that things would improve without their intervention has largely disappeared. I disappeared for 2 months myself due to real life stuff a little while back, but sadly things hadn't changed when I returned.

I encourage you to report it and if there are any consequences for my part in it (it was a calculated risk I was willing to take), then I'm quite happy to cop it sweet. As it is, I'm still deliberating this course of action myself. While I'm at it Zetro, you and any others who feel I've taken the stand too far have my sincerest apologies.

Arguably one could argue that the V2 for the A500/A2000 has also been proposed, but it has no confirmed price so comparing these products at this time can only be with the caveat of what price versus features that have been stated.

There is room for everyone in this community - you guys trolling and attacking each other - is one of the reasons we cannot have nice things.
Precisely what people have been saying in this thread, but to no avail. Choice is a good thing for the Amiga community, but you wouldn't know it.....not in the late 90s/early 2000s and not now either it seems sadly enough.

IMHO it does no favours for the Vampire devs either BTW (particularly kipper2k who expressed some frustration in one post about accommodating Ami community needs/wants in developing his great range of homebrew products). It looks like they will have a pretty good product on their hands that could plug an important gap in the retro Ami market when (and if) the A500/2000 version comes out. As it is, the attitude of some of its rabid supporters have soured my interest in buying one thus far and in the forseeable future (I've got two A600s and a bunch of other OCS/ECS Amiga's). I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this front......

Last edited by DrBong; 16 July 2016 at 15:32.
Page generated in 0.06152 seconds with 9 queries