View Single Post
Old 12 July 2016, 17:54   #18
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
This is a modem for connecting to good old BBSes, not a wifi internet card. you already can get wifi cards for the Amiga.

Jim Drew: don't overcomplicate (and risk never finishing) the card by listening to weird requests. If it does what the C64 one does it'd be really cool.
The Amiga 1200/600 have PCMCIA which supports WiFi and is reasonably priced but other classic Amigas are expensive to add ethernet and/or do not support WiFi. The C64 does not have web browsers, aminet, e-mail programs, online games, etc. Only allowing telnet and modem capabilities is lame on the Amiga. I wouldn't buy hardware for such limited use and I expect Amiga retro gamers (unfortunately about all that is left of the Amiga) are unlikely to buy.

Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
I seem to recall there was a faster serial.device driver that allowed 38400 baud on a stock A500?
There were several serial.device replacements back in the day.

The bugs and performance likely improved in later versions of the AmigaOS so I don't know how relevant they would be today.

Would it be possible to allow a WiFi "null modem" connection between 2 Amigas for games like Stunt Car Racer, Lotus II/III, Falcon, Skidmarks, Alien Breed 3D, etc.?
Page generated in 0.05229 seconds with 9 queries