View Single Post
Old 07 July 2016, 03:32   #138

Originally Posted by ReadOnlyCat View Post
We sure as hell should!
Well, you can put me in the "only verbally active" category so far but once I get up to speed I should be able to release stuff with some regularity. Hopefully this should inspire others to continue (as the current wave did inspire me).
But as I keep repeating, a commercial market would help to seed more developments as this allows developers to take a bit of time off work to spend on their passion.
And in this perspective I am curious to hear about how Tales of Gorluth and Tank Fury are faring.

I would think that there will be some software released once enough boards have reached actual humans but for now the supply chain seems to have a fairly low output so this will probably take some time.

This said, I see no reason for the Vampire market to work better than the 060/PPC one in the long term. Good software emerges naturally when the user base is large enough and for productivity software I doubt it will ever be large enough. As usual, ports of games will arrive but I am not so sure that they will have anything Amiga specific to show. Will we see original Vampire games relatively as impressive as SOTB was (graphically, I mean) or will there be only ports of existing stuff?

Anyway this is just my impression and I am no oracle so wait and see and I wish them happiness anyway.
There is zero chance the Amiga software market will ever be "commercial" again. That is in the sense that you could recover the cost of developing something significant.

Tanks Fury on aminet has around 500 downloads per version. If 100% of those were sales and you made $10 pure profit on each download it would be $5000, split between a programmer, artist, musician etc. In reality I would guess that Tanks Fury would have struggled to reach $1000 in sales. I would say they released the physical version for the love, not the money.
Page generated in 0.05621 seconds with 9 queries