View Single Post
Old 06 July 2016, 13:18   #18
headkase
Highly Contagious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
No, actually you don't.
With Amiga Forever, you get 1.x to 3.1. The classic m68k operating systems. Right now you don't get 3.5 or 3.9 though. This is with the Plus version. The Value version only comes with 1.3. And 4.1 Final Edition is a separate purchase.

Edit: And as you have to purchase Amiga Forever Plus to legally have the Amiga 1200 Kickstart ROM then you have all those other operating systems available for emulation as well.

Edit2: And looking in my Amiga Forever folders, Workbench 1.x to 3.0 come as single-disk images, while Workbench 3.1 comes with all 6 disk images to do a proper hard drive install. That is fine.

Edit3: I just noticed on Cloanto's store there is also a floppy and hard disk image set available for purchase as well. This gives full install disk sets for a wider range of operating systems.

Edit4: I also went and bought the image set mentioned in edit3, it's a two disk OS1.3 (which has no hard drive installer but you just copy the files yourself anyway), and full sets of both OS2.1 and 3.1 disks.

Last edited by headkase; 07 July 2016 at 02:22.

Page generated in 0.05688 seconds with 9 queries