View Single Post
Old 06 July 2016, 04:43   #121
Originally Posted by OlafSch View Post
Originally Posted by ptyerman
Aros 68k will come into its own once Vampire is readily available I think. I will most certainly be installing it on at least one of my Amiga's, probably the A2000 once it has a vampire.

I do not think that anymore... I thought it would expecially after the vampire / apollo devs said it would be their main platform for new development. But there was a partly hateful reaction by parts of the community, people want their 3.X with their beloved patches, then it will never run as fast on 68k as 3.X did or does (different heritage) and from what I read I think Gunnar is still preferring 3.X, Aros would be plan B so to say because you get it free of charge and developers work on it for free. At the same time he is still looking at 3.X. That is no convincing concept (at least for me) so I am not involved there anymore. We will see what future will bring.
thats all understandable, and i have never expected anything else. apollo team would have hard times imposing aros on their customers. as thoram says it needs improvements. but as long as people only complain and do not bother to contribute nothing will change of course. its been said thousand times.
AdSense AdSense  
Page generated in 0.06276 seconds with 9 queries