Originally Posted by modrobert
I think "Aros Vision PAL" is the one to try on my A1200 (details in sig). I have a few questions:
1) Are there any "ready to use" image dumps I can just 'dd' onto an empty CF card?
2) Can I boot it with 3.1 ROMs?
3) What file systems are supported?
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow
1) I don't know of any.
2) You can boot with 1.x to 3.1 ROMs since it just loads its own custom ROM images into RAM and reboots into them.
3) SFS, FFS, OFS.
1.almost. 68k nightly is isch an iso, but it needs few adjustments before it will boot on your 1200. good news a1200 ide is well supported by aros, so after that it will boot dependably. you can use aros vision too, but it is a bit, lets say, "bloated" in comparison to a nightly that consists basically of 20mb.
2. you can boot (softkick) from aros from an amiga kickstart, when you add an appropriate command on the beginning of your startup sequence. im not sure if it is present in aros vision, outta the box, certainly not in the nightly.
3. ..pfs3, which is one id choose.