View Single Post
Old 04 July 2016, 15:20   #104
Originally Posted by ptyerman View Post
There is part of the problem, although it's not your fault.&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
People won't move on to something else because (especially) in the Amiga world, that something else has a tendency to fade away and no longer be supported.&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Better the devil you know so to speak.&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I feel a shift coming though with the Vampire, the Amiga will be the most capable and the fastest it has ever been, it should renew interest in various ways.
&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&amp;amp;lt;br /&amp;amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt;&lt;br /&gt;<br />
I do not know if it is just fear something will be no longer supported. In the 68k time (up to 1998) you got plenty of patches and clever developers squeezed every cycle out of the old processors. You can have everything, a simple workbench or something eye-candy. People developed their taste, have set up their specific configuration depending on their tastes. On a new OS with different roms the old patches mostly (with exceptions) do not work anymore, also it is bloated for the purists because it includes many features the old workbench never supported. For the eye candy people it is perhaps not bloated enough I guess and you cannot get everything running people are used to in their 3.X environments.
Page generated in 0.04977 seconds with 9 queries