View Single Post
Old 02 July 2016, 19:46   #69
Code Kitten

Originally Posted by matthey View Post
Do you know the ex-Amiga guys coders personally or did you contact them about a port to the Amiga and they were sympathetic to the Amiga's demise?
I am not sure why you only thought of these pessimistic possibilities.
Why not the simplest reason: because they think it is a cool idea which does not cost them anything?

Originally Posted by matthey View Post
The Grimrock games are high quality indie/fan games based on classic 2D RPG Amiga games (especially Dungeon Master) by some ex-Amiga coders which made it to Linux, OS X and even iOS but *not* back to any Amiga. This reflects on the sad state of the Amiga in so many ways I don't need to repeat. The NG Amiga systems have good enough specs to run Grimrock type games but the snobbish elites like to burn bridges and road block other paths with more Amiga people. Then they wonder why they don't have software development even when they subsidize it. Only Amiga makes it impossible.
Note: it could be that I completely misunderstood what you meant but as you wrote things your point of view seems weirdly self centered to me. Please accept my apologies for the paragraphs below if this is just a phrasing/context issue.

Aren't you generalizing out of thin air?
Elites? Burn bridges? Choosing to code on a modern machine does not make anyone an elitist, there is no law which forces anyone to like retro coding. People have priorities and we have no business deciding these in their stead.
"Then they wonder why[...]". When did the Grimrock guys wonder about anything? It looks like you are creating a whole ecosystem in your head which has no relation whatsoever with the actual situation.

I am not sure why the Grimrock guys can be faulted for anything Amiga wise. They were kind enough to give Torham access to their IP for free, why does that reflect in any way for the sorry state of Amiga development (according to you)? They have no more obligations to the Amiga community than anyone else on the planet.

I'm not sure why anyone ought to do anything that you deem to be important. If you want some change, then impulse it and see if others follow you but if no one cares then you have your answer: other people's priorities differ from your own and that is it.

Be the change you want to see in the world and do not expect others to do it for you.
Page generated in 0.05666 seconds with 9 queries