View Single Post
Old 26 June 2016, 22:10   #43
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
My version should be the same as SPS #0031 (see HERE also for WHD beta patch by Codetapper), which lacks data for the last two levels (presumably due to a duplication error in first runs of the game) and is probably what all the scene cracks would be based on.

Denis' version is the complete game - he made an extended ADF of it (see HERE), but for whatever reason it isn't in SPS.

There's more info. about the different versions in this thread.

@Denis
Did your version come from an original retail release or the Finale compilation?

The bug exists on any Amiga with 68020 and above IIRC. Maybe someone else here can verify this on real hardware, otherwise I will try and test the game on A2000/030 here to confirm.
So shorts answers

My version has been duplicated in early 1991, and is the 3rd revision of this software, basically the full version with a 512k and a 1mb program code, as well as music+sound effects.

The Finale compilation also include this latest revision since revision 1 and 2 of GNG are broken. SPS has a dump of it from me, as it was requested quite a long time ago.

Next, the source of the freezing was a "bug" in the music driver of this game, and that's what CFOU's patched. The bug triggers on any machine with a CPU other than a 68000.

Page generated in 0.06183 seconds with 9 queries