View Single Post
Old 26 June 2016, 17:50   #39
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBong View Post
Can anyone tell me if CFOU's WHD patch eliminates the pauses 100%? For that matter, did Jeff ever manage it with his JST patch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
of course the pauses are fixed in the whdload CFOU release, such release is perfect
Well, I originally supplied Ghosts 'n' Goblins to Codetapper for WHD patching some years back and he had troubles resolving the random slowdowns or pauses. I remember CFOU taking over the patch, but didn't know if he had sorted out the bug 100% (I was crazy busy in 2013 and never did test his patch). The bug was quite perplexing as it was truly random and could not be reproduced at the same points in any one game on a particular Amiga config. Even from game to game the slowdowns were often vastly different, and sometimes the bug wouldn't appear at all until the later levels. That's why I asked.

Anyway, from what I read in this thread, it sounds like Bertrand did a great job in trying to cover all the bases with the final patch! It also seems that Jeff's JST patch was for a pre-release crack of the game, so it probably doesn't matter too much if it has the same problem or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
Then it's not 100%. You see, back in the day crackers like Paradox were notorious for not testing their cracks. What's worse with the Paradox crack is that they blamed Elite for the glitch in the graphics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneK View Post
That's because there were a bad batch of originals that had corrupted data for the last 2 levels (level 5 + 6) - presumably PDX got one (or more) of these copies to work from.
Yeh, what WayneK said and what Denis said in post #3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B14ck W01f View Post
Why would anyone use this "jump+turn" feature when this feature is not even present in the original coin-op?
The link that Denis gave in post #3 would've led you to a really interesting thread that, among other things, talked about the "jump+turn" feature in the coin-op too.....

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=54410&page=3
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=692269&postcount=45

Page generated in 0.05450 seconds with 9 queries